June 21, 2013

Green Tea and Sweet Beans Quilt

I am working on blocks from Jennifer Kingwell's pattern Green Tea and Sweet Beans. I need something that includes some hand applique and varying techniques. I intend to finish all the applique blocks by hand and adapt the others to be made by machine. As far as a stack of fabrics, I have none. I am going to make each block with what I have that makes me happy. Hopefully they all will fit together. I do have many of the same fabrics so this quilt will fit my stash well. Some linen and text fabrics will be added to the mix and I have been collecting lots of dots so this should be fun.

Green Tea and Sweet Beans Quilt Block


Green Tea and Sweet Beans Quilt Block


Green Tea and Sweet Beans Quilt


On another note, my Canon Rebel camera does not seem to be working well with capturing light very well. I am completely frustrated with it. Even outside pictures get overexposed easily on the Auto setting. I dropped it while hiking last year and broke the basic lens, which I bought new, but the camera has never been back to normal. Does anyone know whether these cameras can get serviced/tested like sewing machines can?  Maybe I should go back to the basic Canon Powershot version. Buy a better lens than what came with the camera? What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. as always, super cute! -Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these blocks so far are so beautiful! I can't wait to see all the blocks together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had much the same idea about doing this quilt, that is just using what I have on hand and works it works out. Just wish I had a few more text prints but I guess that gives me an excuse for a little shopping! Love these 2 blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit hopeless when it comes to cameras but I know great patchwork when I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That red and green on pillowcase fabric is just delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did the basket block, too! Background is summer fruits, basket is 1inch black and white gingham and flowers are blueberries! I think it's going to be a favorite because I love picking the fruit we eat during summer. It was great fun to see your block!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)