January 23, 2013

First Stitches...

Spent a good part of the three day weekend basting this Single Girl from last year's QAL here.

Single Girl

My son said I didn't use quilt it for real so I'd better fix. 'K. It runs 90 by 90 inches and I am quilting it in some perle cotton (DMC 712). I putting the first stitches into the quilt.

First Stitches

Is there an easy way to fold a quilt this big to hand quilt it? I am swimming in it. At least I will be cozy until spring.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

8 comments:

  1. Oh that is a gorgeous quilt, good luck quilting it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen I love the work you do! It's heirloom stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEE! It's so beautiful! And after hand quilting it will be just spectacular. I can't wait to see it all finished and bound!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That will great hand quilted! No advice for you, have never done it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can roll up the edges and use quilt clips, or just pin it really well using extra large safety pins. Now you know why I like a floor stand for hand quilting. It gets the excess quilt out of my way. Have fun quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, you're hand quilting that bear of a quilt! You're a brave woman. The quilt is stunning. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)