I met my Just Three goals for August!
1. I finished a quilt. My kaliedoscope quilt went from this
This binding had some issues that included fraying of the seams on the edge. I would sew a 1/4 inch seam on a top that had so many seams on the edge of the top to stabilize it. It all ended well.
Unfortunately no pictures of this since it I am not sure how to take a picture of an 72 by 80 quilt! I will get you a picture soon.
I added the binding by hand and realized how relaxing it is. I
have got to start an applique project next year. Maybe in a block of
the month format so I can keep a goal.
2. Two of my postage stamp blocks are finished. I promised myself I would not buy the backing until I was completely finished with the top. So I am on a mission this month with this one.
It just seems like I never visit my machine on a regular basis anymore. I have to sneak spurts of time here and there. Most are no longer than 15 to 20 minutes at a time. I am hoping for naps this month! ;)
3. I have the Sarah Jane quilt basted. I have some work cut out for me in perle cotton.
My goals for the end of September are:
1. Quilt the Sarah Jane quilt.
2. Finish 2 more postage stamp blocks.
3. Get another quilt out to be basted.
and 4. ( cause I am horrible and break the rules) pick up a favorite UFO. I may just pet it, but maybe I will sew a bit on it.
Hopefully September can be just a productive as August was.