August 8, 2012

On My Sewing Table

I am going to take up TraceyJay's Just Three Challenge. So here is what is in progress on my sewing table this morning.

1. Finish the blocks of my postage stamp quilt. There are 4 left and one a week should finish the top.

Postage Stamp Block

2. Baste this Children At Play quilt and begin the hand quilting on it. I want to put a little applique on the back so that is an immediate goal this week.

Children At Play Quilt Top

3. Put the scrappy binding on my Kaliedoscope Quilt. I am adding hand applique yo-yos at each block intersection and centers. It makes me smile, because I am 'mixing techniques' and that make me feel somewhat accomplished saying that. I put off the yo-yo's for a month, because I was apprehensive of the task. Then I realized... Oh... I can do this. :)

Kaliedoscope Quilt


If those three lofty goals get done... we'll see... my Granny Square quilt is waiting to be basted. I decided on the wide Moda Dottie backing in green since that was only one left. I also found coordinating perle cotton that will pull this all together.

Granny Squares


So... What's on your sewing table?

Linking to WIP Wednesday and Just Three.

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful sewing plans - can't wait to see all the results. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That granny square quilt looks like it's going to be AMAZING. I can't wait to see pictures of it when you've started stitching. And all I can say to the postage stamp quilt is WOW. I am fairly certain I do not have that kind of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a lot of perle cotton! Nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all the fabrics you've chosen for these projects, especially your granny quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perle cotton is so wonderful and dreamy!

    Love your kaleidoscope top!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects look gorgeous! I adore the kaleidoscope!

    - hate the word verification though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the rich colors! And they're all so close to "finished"! I don't know about you, but sometimes the "starting" and the "finishing" are the things I procrastinate about the most! They're looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are a lot of projects on my sewing table. I love the idea of setting a goal for just 3 projects. I might try that out next month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the projects you have on the go, the last pic gave me heart palpitations it's so pretty! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! I love all your projects. Im a sucker for yo-yo's, though, so that one is probably my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your handquilting is amazing -- the yo-yos look adorable. I love that the quilts you're making are true heirlooms!
    I get carpal tunnel so bad when I try to hand-stitch, so I'm a little jealous! :)

    and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOH!!! I can't wait to see where you go with the perle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so productive . . . and inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those tiny yo-yos and am quite envious of your selection of perle thread... So bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, so many beautiful WIPs! I love your Kaleidoscope quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those look so great!! I love the yo-yo's on your kaleidoscope quilt! How awesome. I am such a sucker for hand quilting, they're all going to look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great projects! Your yo-yo's are just charming on the kaleidoscope blocks. Oh, all the perle cotton - so gorgeous. Can't wait to see the quilting take shape.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)