July 30, 2012

Inchie Postage Stamp Quilt Preview

I made two additional 1 inch postage stamp blocks this week. Translation: I got off my but. Plus, this picture helped me be a little more motivated.

Postage stamp progress


I have made a total of 11 blocks and nine are shown here. It almost covers the bed and will be 80 by 80 inches. I chose a fabric from Laurie Wisbrun's Brrr! collection to make a beautiful backing. I will be cross-hatching the white squares in white and hopefully this pattern will blend well with the thread.

IMG_3831


The green and red stripe in that collection will make a sweet candy-cane like bias binding edge. I can taste the finish line of this marathon. Yay for having a productive sewing week!



13 comments:

  1. What a great quilt. Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! All those little pieces. I'm impressed. Don't know if I would have the perseverance for such a huge project. And it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! It looks so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, I really like this quilt so far. Well done! thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun quilt! It's going to be amazing when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing! Well done, you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is going to be so fantastic. I really love that backing for it, and can totally picture the binding you're talking about. This'll be one to be excited about, for sure. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is amazing such tiny little squares all nicely lined up.. It looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Wow! Keep sewing - it's going to be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sense your excitement mounting, it's looking gorgeous, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This quilt is GORGEOUS and AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)