June 18, 2012

Monday, Monday (ba-da ba-da-da-da)

So much to do, but I am just plugging away at my Kaleidoscope quilt. It's so close to being finished. I have to make the yo-yos to applique to each intersection. I have been using the blue marker Mark-Be-Gone to mark all the 1/4 inch outline quilting. Thankfully, I have also figured out my favorite quilting needle for perle cotton is DMC embroidery needle in a size 5. For some reason I always lose the packaging and forget between projects. Do you have a favorite?

Kaliedoscope QAL quilt

I hardly need an excuse to work some Children at Play fabric. This will turn into something PB kid-esque. My SIL picked some great boy fabrics. I am wondering if I should call it a commissioned quilt? Relatives don't count right? After seeing the fabric, I am thinking some squares might go mysteriously missing. I will have to hold that thought back.

Children At Play

I also am in the middle of some postage stamp blocks. One more finished and many more to go. Tiny little squares...love 'em, hate 'em... I will not count how many I have left or I might quit. However, I am halfway there or more. Wish me luck.

1 inch postage blocks- halfway there...

6 comments:

  1. I love seeing all those lovely DS fabrics! And the hand stitching adds so much charm!! Good luck on your postage stamp! It will be well worth your effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you posted again. I have you on my Google home page and was just waiting and waiting for an update :)

    Thanks for the embroidery needle info. I once quilted a quilt in perle cotton size 8 using a size 7 quilting between. Maybe I will try an embroidery needle next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those teeny tiny squares!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just loving everything you're doing at the moment. The stitching in perle looks great. I like a #5 needle but they tend to be hard to find. I'm in awe of your postage stamp blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely first pic. Can't wait to see the whole thing.
    Your tiny squares are inspiring me. Do I dare start one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love that K quilt! Love the the colors. What an inspiration you are! We are all behind you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)