May 11, 2012

Zakka Patchwork Ball

I just finished English paper piecing a zakka patchwork ball from the book I Love Patchwork.

EPP Patchwork Ball

It took about two weeks of time here and there. I may make most of the projects from this book and Zakka Style this year.

EPP Patchwork Ball

I would encourage you to also check out NanaCompany. She is a master of this aesthetic. I think my colors are always too bright for it.  I want to try this project one day too for my little one's dollie bed.

I do need to get on with my hexagon and my cathedral window quilt. If I take a break from the long term projects with little finishes like this, then I feel refreshed and better ready to tackle the old friend of a project. How about you?



8 comments:

  1. I agree! It is so refreshing to take a break for something small, just to get that feeling of satisfaction before diving back into the big stuff. Your patchwork ball is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that is so cute. But not nearly as cute as that little one in second picture, so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest ball! I love the hedge hog fabric. Your model is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a fun project and so worth making if just for the gorgeous photo of the little one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An old family friend of my in-laws made a sweet patchwork ball for my son when he was born. I wish, wish, wish I could find it now. You've inspired me to go on a hunt this weekend in the dreaded crawl space. I think yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this ball! It would be perfect for I Spy fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that little ball - would like to try my hand at some piecing like that too! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)