May 4, 2012

Weekend Plans


One quilt down and the next top is being completed.

border for my granny squares

I am making the border of my granny square sort of colorwheelish. I know that isn't the word, but you get the idea.  I am repeating almost every fabric in the quilt, and may have a lot of extra border. We'll see if my math works out and my seams are accurate enough to line everything up.

I also love this quilting idea by Sew Katie Did and will be using it in my plus quilt. You can see her finished quilt here. She used such beautiful leftovers.

Leftovers Quilt Binding
@ Sew Katie Did via flickr
Katie Pedersen is the author of Modern Quilting with Jacquie Gering. I see so much to make in their book. My favorite is the Supernova.

So much to do. And I think I have found my most favorite pillow of all time here by Nilya2011 at flickr. No seriously... of all time!


With that said, I am happy to say these I may have found a use for these.

Annie's Farmstand Text


I found the top 4 at my LQS and I thought I would never find the Annie's Farmstand in Red. When I found the end of bolt fat quarters I may have been a bit giddy.


The bottom three are from Brenda at Pink Castle Fabrics on etsy. She has one of my favorite stores.

OK back to the job of spider squishing, peanut butter and jelly making, and the like. (Yes. I have done both today.) Have a happy Friday!



5 comments:

  1. love the look of that quilt and so hope you do supernova!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very clever on the border! Can't wait to see it assembled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work; amazing inspiration! I love the pillow - especially since it's the same design as my latest English Paper Piecing project. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The border for the granny quilt looks great! I love the way they work together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have some amazingly fun stuff/pictures in this blog post. I'm especially liking the "seminole"/chevron pieces with the bright colors! But they are ALL creative-juice starters!

    hugZ,
    annie
    anniesrubyslipperz.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)