March 16, 2012

Name that Block!

While I finished 5 more blocks for the Granny Square blocks, I cut even more squares for a scrappy border. I need to find the perfect length and width for a twin bed. It's not to late to join the quilt along at flickr.

Granny Progress


I may have more fun playing with scrappy fabric combinations than sewing the blocks. I've also taken to naming them.

Beach Day Granny

Beach Day Granny #21

Here Comes the Sun Granny

Here Comes the Sun Granny #20

Steel Bluegrass Granny

Steel Blue Granny #18

Cotton Candy Granny

Cotton Candy Granny #19

Tickets Please Granny

Tickets Please Granny #17


Tonight is the Friday Night Sew In and I will be cutting into a package of Flea Market Fancy. I have waited what seems like eons to say that! It does vary from the original in very tiny aspects, but I am thoroughly pleased with it. I wish there was a reprint of all the colors to squash the crazy prices on ebay and esty. Maybe there will be another reprint set based on sales? A girl can wish.

Ignore the pins in the Steel Bluegrass Granny, a seam needs to be fixed there. However those silk pins are wonderful. I bought them on sale at Pink Chalk Fabrics here. It's hard to find pins that thin and don't leave marks. I have no excuse now and need to throw away all my bent pins.

I am going to enjoy my time today visiting Amy, Sarah, and Amanda Jean this week and finding what other finishes are out there. Maybe one day I'll have a quilt instead of just blocks.

20 comments:

  1. Look at you go, girl...those are fantastic color combos..can't wait to see when it's finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tire of these blocks - and yours are exceptionally beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh these are great, & I love that you named them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your granny square blocks. The colours are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! This is my kind of granny squares! LOL! loved the names.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so fabulous. Love the names too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am seriously drooling over your granny squares! I cannot WAIT to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blocks and naming! Love the Tickets please one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a fellow quilter who's "whooping" it up with you and I must say, your Granny squares are pushing me more over the edge! :) I've had to resist these suckers thus far, due to *so much* on my plate. But after looking at your fun ones, I just might have to cave...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool, this is one hip granny LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blocks! Naming them adds to the fun. I thought I read somewhere that Flea Market Fancy was being released again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the blocks! Hope you had fun cutting up your FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are just wonderful! Love the colors - your names are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blocks look awesome!! I love the names!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How very fun, bright, fabulous and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are gorgeous! I love this block and so badly want to join in the quilt along, but have so many other UFOs in the way at the moment. Soon. Maybe. Soonish?

    Thanks for linking up! you inspire me to make just one of these blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! That looks like a whole lot of fun! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving these!! I've only sewn up a couple blocks - your pretty blocks have motivated me to do at least a couple of more today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These blocks are so colorful! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)