January 18, 2012

Sweet Sixteen

After a few midnights, more than a few coffees, no scissor attacks from short people, a holiday or two of distraction, and running out of Kona Snow by less than a few inches, 16 blocks are done. A completed Supernova top should happen shortly. This will go off to a longarm quilter. I needed to admit I piece better than I quilt.

Supernova -design @ Freshly Pieced

I am getting much better at HSTs and I am beginning to become friends with them. After this, the Swoon quilt looks doable, but making a small project for the home using this pile instead. (Debating and resisting the urge to make a color charm Swoon.) You'll see the results soon. It's project number 3 on my list to make 52 little pretty things for the home this year.


And... if you're thinking about buying some Pezzy Prints for your stash just do it. They are gorgeous in person.

Linking to WIP Wednesdays.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

16 comments:

  1. The supernova looks wonderful. I've always loved that design. I agree with you about HSTs, except that I grew to love them when I made my Swoon quilt! I made SO many, then had many small ones that were the leftovers from the trimmings of the flying geese. I love HSTs!

    Oh, and I love pezzy prints too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgous! I made a 9 block supernova cause I pooped out. But you hung in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, the swoon quilt would be so great in color charms. I'm trying so hard to resist that quilt, but I love the simplicity of it. Love the supernova quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt top looks fab! I love that stack of fabric, too -- it's so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll take your advice and get some Pezzies... The fabric for Swoon is pretty, and the Supernova is gorgeous. Truly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Supernova blocks look super fab, and thanks for encouraging me to buy more fabric ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors in the quilt. So bright and cheerful! And what an awesome block design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt looks wonderful, and I am eye balling the prezzy prints, just can't get a stack in the UK! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your supernova quilt. I love the pez prints too. I have to get some for my stash. I use a Tucker Trimmer and a Magic Wand to make my HST. I love those two tools because I almost always end up with perfect HST's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous supernova! Your colours are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my your supernova is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's beautiful! I'm sure your swoon blocks will be as gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)