December 6, 2011

Take Your Time Tuesdays

It's 27 degrees (F) and freezing out here in the desert. I have Christmas tree lights up in the front and back of the house for aesthetics and practicality. I am hoping the decorated lemon tree does not get frost damage, but winter has to come sometime. What better way to beat the frost that to finish a quilt?

IMG_2768
Made with Aneela Hoey's Sherbet Pips- Moda

Anna and I have made her first quilt together. She sewed all the squares together, I added the border, and it went off to my finished tops pile. You can read about her working on it here. The hand quilting was finished this last week.

IMG_2775

I added Xs and Ox for hugs and kisses inspired by the block print,

IMG_2777

straight lines for the edging, and hearts for the border.

IMG_2773

The hearts were made from a template from a cousin's wedding favor tag. My grandma said, as any true quilter would, "Oooh that would make a great applique heart." And so it did in on another quilt and as a hand quilted border here. It makes *my* heart happy.

I love the scarves as the border and Anna's favorite print as the backing, the pink doggies.

IMG_2779

So I guess four people efforts went into this quilt. Such as when our resident diapered quilter-in-training finding unique quilting approaches in scissors. Now didn't that look lovely.


I showed Anna what Zoe had done to it after I fixed it and she just laughed. You can read my freak out post here. Of course there is one tiny hole I missed that will get patched up soon with her favorite doggie fabric. This quilt was worth the extra effort and time. She looks happy with it and that is all that matters.

IMG_2770

What have you been working on this week? You can link up your blog below and your happy handmade project! Happy Tuesday!

9 comments:

  1. Adorable quilt, and the cutie pie holding and helping to make it too! Love the hand quilting. Brrr...27 degrees? That's about what it is up here. Wrap up in that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! I had fun browsing the other posts about this quilt! Awesome. LOVE the quilted hearts! And the quilted hugs and kisses! And I love the quilters' eyes looking for those "perfect" applique and quilting designs everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet quilt and I love the hearts! Great family project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous finish!!! I love all that hand stitching. Congratulations on a brilliant team project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really so adorable! The quilt is gorgeous and I can't believe what a great job Anna did sewing the patchwork together!
    The quilting Xs and Os are so sweet. Such a special project. It inspires me to share my sewing habits with my kids more too. Thanks for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
    Yours, Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for the fab finish, I remember the pain of the cuts. Love, love the quilt and the stitching makes it look so cosy. One happy quilt owner there, what a lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is just adorable. I do remember your post about the scissor fiasco and that makes it all the more special. My mom taught me to sew and this reminds me of how I felt when I finished my first few projects. This fabric line, of course, is perfect for a sweet girl. Congrats to your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute quilt and extra special considering all the hands that went into making it.

    Love your supernova blocks too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)