November 23, 2011

It's a Supernova!

This quilt was long overdue in its making and I get to share it this WIP Wednesday! When I saw Lee's Supernova I knew it was perfect for my Hope Valley. I didn't have the time to make then during her quilt along so it go some attention this last weekend.

IMG_2762

Yay! It is amazing how quickly it has been coming together. I am following her original piecing method and many of the blocks are the same. It is refreshing to follow a pattern and not have to think! I have twelve blocks cut and they are being made in assembly fashion. We have had a lot of crayola time this week and the two littlest ones have been wonderful. 

IMG_2764


So I am off to make some cranberry sauce, stuffing and some pies. I have a theory that every Thanksgiving dish that includes cranberries and gravy is perfection! What do you think?


13 comments:

  1. Love love!!Looks great. Hope Valley is one of my fave line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fabrics are gorgeous, and love the supernova pattern. :o) (and I am totally on board the gravy train!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love supernova & it'll be fantastic in your fabrics! I love cranberries in just about everything and gravy - well it makes Thanksgiving, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fantastic-super-nova. Love your fabric choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Love the Supernova. Mine is in need of attention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy for you that you've making progress on your Supernova. It's such an amazing design.

    I have an amazing stuffing recipe with pecans and cranberries built right in. YUM!!! Have a wonderful family holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That supernova looks just wonderful! Can't wait to see it together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous - can't wait to see the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. those are great fabrics. will love seeing it when it's all done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I can't wait to see more!
    Happy cooking - have a great day today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is an awesome block! Great design and such pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Supernova looks fabulous! I'm glad you're enjoying the pattern! Can't wait to see it all done. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)