October 11, 2011

Those Three Quilts

For the last two weeks I worked on my major projects. I *really* want to finish these three quilts.

IMG_2533


Another postage stamp block is completed and placing it next to the other three made me feel like I was getting somewhere. This measures about 40 inches square. I am having issues with the blocks not being square by a quarter inch to half inch, but I am hoping it will iron out in the end- fingers crossed.

Here is a closeup of the back of my hexagon 'blocks'. I always wondered what the back of these types of  projects looked like when figuring out how to paper piece. So here you go.

IMG_2535


I complete the petals then add the center with one thread. Then the ecru borders(Kona Bone), which are pieced by themselves, are added in one or two threads. Since the paper is not basted, I can slip out the papers when each hexagon is surrounded.

IMG_2536


I thought I would be overwhelmed, but I only have 30 flowers blocks to add. I have completed piles of flowers and edging waiting to be sewn together.

Another block is completed in my Cathedral Window. I think this makes 13 or 14? I have 5 left before the bigger piecing begins.

IMG_2537


On another note, I ordered some sale fabric this week from iltec on etsy.

Sherbet Pips-Puppy Dog Tails in Lemonade

The secret of the shredded quilt is now safe. Anna will love the dogs as her quilt back. It was her favorite print. It was more cost effective than wandering around my LQSs and 'needing' other things as well!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


17 comments:

  1. Good work! Looks like everything is coming along nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that cathedral window is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great score on the puppy fabric and I'm loving your other project work (I must try cathedral windows one day!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those hexagon backs are a lot neater than mine LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cathedral windows blocks are just fantastic. They wow me every time.

    Love the pup :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow all three look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you're really busy and productive! I'm so pleased that you were able to find the puppy fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous! I especially admire the Postage Stamp quilt. Very stunning, clean, fresh, love the colors. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love all three of those quilts! They are all designs I've thought about trying, but seem to require a lot of work - I'm impressed that you're doing three such labor-intensive projects at once!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great progress on some gorgeous projects! :-) The Cathedral Windows is stupendous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These all look so pretty! I've had the same trouble with postage stamps, but I try to remember that I'm really the only one who really notices.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many pretty and fun projects. The postage stamp is my favorite, but really they are all so pretty, it's hard to pick one to mention. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore the colour palette of you postage stamp quilt. Just beautiful! Great cathedral window block too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cathedral window is soooo nice. (handwork looks fantastic.) I have GOT to make one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  15. you have some fabulous (and long term!) projects going there. they are all quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, love all your fabric choices! Such great colors. The postage stamp quilt is super cool. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all three projects. (That American Jane hexagon project is my absolute favorite though.) And I'm so happy the shredded quilt has a second chance at life. Good job, Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)