October 26, 2011

Hedgies, Hexagons and Herbs

These hexagon 'blocks' should be finished by Friday and layout decided on this weekend so it can actually be made into a quilt top. I have about 10 left out of the 83. Whoohoo!


Here are three of eight placemats I have been making quilting progress on. I am a free-motion dropout and went with a grid, with the help of some painters tape. I actually machine needle stabbed my finger while practicing the FMQ this weekend. Not good- I almost thought I needed stitches! They will be my Spring placemats. I love the herb fabric and I have had this UFO hanging around for years! I am finishing it for Friday.


Anna's quilt has been basted too. All good, even after 'the incident'. Any damaged fabric was replaced. I am at a loss at how to quilt it. I need to think fast! Help.


And... EPIC happy mail week... hedgehogs! Squeal! I am always looking out for these little guys. These are going to make a great quilt by Christmas! I am thinking the greens/yellows would make a great bag mixed with some linen. BTW,  did I ever tell you my etsy name? hedgehogandthefox!

Outfoxed- Lizzy House

I also found an Ipad ap called Infinite Variety: Three Centuries of Red and White Quilts. I could stare at these quilts for hours. A-maz-ing! All the red and white quilts are here.

image  Thinc Design


I am hoping to share some finished projects this Friday! :)

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

10 comments:

  1. Love those hexies. Keep away from the needles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hexies, fabric and quilt! I sewed through a finger once too! Hope neither of us ever make that mistake again (ouch!). As for teh quilt, if you really wanted a neat look, you could sew smaller squares inside each of the blocks after stitch in the ditch. HTH

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool app! I could stare at quilts all day, too. That quilt is so cute, but I don't know how to help with quilting suggestions. :/ And I am LOVING your rainbow colored hexies!! LOVE! And the hedgehogs are drool-worthy. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woha.. thats a lot of hexagons. It will look great - I really like your color choices.

    I too was captivated by the red/white quilts. Even have them as an app on my iPad 'LOL*. Have you seen this fab red/white tribute quilt: http://cupcakesndaisies.blogspot.com/2011/08/red-and-white-tribute-quilt-final.html. It really captures the exhibition I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I was seduced into looking because of your awesome hexies and then you shared the info about the iPad app. I'm really glad I stopped by. I'm super excited to check it out! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those hexies are going to make a stunning quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about doing free-form long vertical waves for the quilting? Pretty simple, free and easy, and if you overlap a few, so much the better.

    Love that hedgehog, etc. mix of fabrics! SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely hexies, a great quilt and fab fabric, you have a bit of everything there, love it all of course. For a quilt like that I think I'd check out Rita's blog at Red Pepper quilts, she knows how to make quilts look great with her quilting ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)