August 17, 2011

WIP Wednesday #6- Where are the coffee fairies?

Do you ever wake up in the morning, wash your face with the hair conditioner by mistake, and realized that no amount of coffee is going to make you perky, alert and ready for anything that comes your way. Yup. Three days with a feverish child who finds your bed at night to play footsy with your nose does that. But I digress...

I have not completed much the last few days, but I bought some fabric to start a pillowcase project for the kids. This Friday is the FNSI and I am determined to sew up three pillowcases for the noodles.


I also bought some fabric for the Color Wheel Charm Swap that Katie is hosting at from the blue chair. I had green and green-yellow.


I bought what I loved so I hope others will too. They are still waiting to be cut up, as I slightly freaking out that I will let the rotary slip in a caffeine induced haze.

I also finished one block for the Cathedral Window quilt and I realized I was running out of background units.


So I got on my sewing machine to sew more up. This is the last of them. *happy dance*  Nice and repetitive which is very easy to do while sleep-deprived.


I have been using Susa Glenn's Little Turning Tool to make these squares have beautiful perfect little corners.

I did finish a little pouch for hexagons a while back, but forgot to share since it went immediately into use. I failed on its original intent, ipad cover, but now it holds hexagons to be pieced. I finally figured out the whole zipper thing. Yippee!


It resides in my new bag I was gifted last week. I am not sure if the intended purpose was sewing, but it had oodles of pockets for everything and well... I love it! Thank you my special women in my life!

So...
This week's stats:
New projects - 1
Completed projects - 1
Currently in progress - 14


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



5 comments:

  1. It's probably wise to wait on the cutting. You still have a couple weeks. Good luck on the sick kiddo. Hope you get more sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the greens you chose for the swap! And your cathedral windows are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids would love Dinosaur Train pillowcases! I think those fabrics are great choices for the charm swap. I really like the green in the Pearl Bracelet print. And I find it amazing that you consider cathedral windows a good project to do while sleep deprived! Hopefully your sick babe will get better soon, and hope the others don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have suffered from frozen brain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, those Cathedral Windows blocks are beautiful. The pouches are super cute too. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)