I am really happy with this one...
I finished my Kaliedoscope quilt top. I used DS Quilts Picnic and Fairgrounds. It measures 72'' by 84'' and is a generous twin sized quilt. Thanks Elizabeth for the QAL motivation this July! It will be hand-quilted and yo-yos attached at each intersection.
I am going to use size perle cotton in red on the white and maybe some other colors in the triangles. I was inspired by a quilt that did not credit the designer. I thought it was her design. It's poor etiquette not to credit the pattern designer! It would have saved me a lot of work too. As of today, I have no idea where I originally saw my inspiration quilt!! However, from a later search of "stashbuster" on google, I discovered it was the Stashbuster Quilt from Material Obsession 2. Well... let's just say that book and Material Obsession 1 and 2 were put on my Christmas wish list!! I love this and this version of it too. (They are not the ones I originally saw online, but are incredible.)
I am not sure how it is made in the book, but I used entire selvage to selvage lengths of fabric in random strips from 1.5 to 2.5 inches.
I use all of the new Denyse Schmidt fabric line and when through almost a half yard of each. It seemed like it took forever. I use 6.5 inch strips for the border and I have tons of leftover. I need a Stashbuster for my Stashbuster now! :)
I am also working on my Cathedral Window quilt from this post here. I am learning that if I am a one quilt girl with a very light sprinkle of side projects, I can get somewhere. I have 3 and 1/2 Cathedral blocks done since this Saturday.
I regret not working on them sooner. Once you set up the blocks, it is just a bit of applique. I made a mini with 2 inch windows, but I like this larger window size of 3 inches. I really want to finish and try some hand applique projects, but I am being good and finished up the projects I have started.
Completed tops awaiting quilting:
I actually went through this and it is depressing. I wish I knew a longarm quilter in Las Vegas that I trusted to do some serious professional custom work.
Autumn Sampler 2
Almost Liberated Amish Ohio Star
Into the Woods Flannel Log Cabin
Single Girl ( hand-quilt)
Happy Zombie Cherry (almost finished hand-quilting)
I hope to finish the bottom three this year.
I didn't touch my postage stamp quilt (20 by 20 1 inch blocks) so my goal is one block for August.
As of last month, blog break, the American Jane hexagon flowers are finished and this week I will decide on a random layout to start attaching them together. I started this last September so I am happy with the progress.
This week's stats:
New projects - 0
Completed projects - 0 or 1 if you count quilt tops!
Currently in progress - 14 (It feels like a whole lot more!)