June 8, 2011

WIP Wednesday #2

New Projects:

I've got out my DS fabrics for the kaleidoscope quilt along. I hope Elizabeth doesn't mind. When I first saw them, I thought they were begging to be put into a summery picnic quilt. This is perfect. I thought of making a mini quilt, but I want to jump all in.


I also got out some Japanese linen for an iPad cover.  I'm leaning towards the green Red Riding Hood. I really want red polka dots, but I think that would stand out at Starbucks.


Works in Progress Currently:

All of the Cathedral Windows are basted and ready to go. As you can see I have started another project with some American Jane Happy Camper fabrics. I whipped up 40 nine patches from a jelly roll yesterday using a Moda Bake Shop tutorial. It's moving along very fast. I love nine patches. Those will make a border around a solid so I should be able to show a top very soon.


My American Jane Wee Play hexagon flowers are almost done too! I started these hexagons in September. All 1000 hexies were cut and basted by December, that's the addicting part, and now all the flowers are pieced. Almost... The pile on the left has centers to be sewn in, but hopefully that will be by the end of this month??

I won a book from Sinta at Pink Pincushion, sponsored by the Fat Quarter Shop, and now I think I can bust through some jelly rolls that have been abandoned in the closet.

picture from pink pincushion
 I ended up buying a fat quarter pack of solid fabrics to go with Kate Spain's Flurry here.


I have a jelly roll of 12 Days of Christmas, from another giveaway last year, and I thought they would match. The blues are a little different, but not that noticeable. The solids were of different varieties and I thought the Free Spirit solids felt so much smoother and softer. I may have to rethink what solids I buy.


Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Pinwheel Quilt- this summer
Single Girl Quilt- this fall
HST Quilt- this month


This week's stats:
New projects - 2
Completed projects - 0
Currently in progress - 11

I am enjoying the Las Vegas 70 degree weather in the mornings. The park is a delightful place to induce those afternoon naps, err... quilting time!

11 comments:

  1. Love your fabric choices. Can't wait to see your hexie flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! All those fabrics look so beautiful! But that box with hexies is really exiting ... flowers ... they must be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind a bit!!! I think you might have a few more prints than me, so it should be interesting to see how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love every single one of your stacks in this post. You've got all my favorites: Fair Grounds, Japanese linens and American Jane all in one post! Can't wait to see the finished projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your a woman of my heart, go go go and more than one project at a time, sew baby sew!!! Keeps us from getting bored, that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your qa fabrics....I'm using my blue/green DS prints with some other fabrics thrown in tho not sure what yet.
    Wow, that's some hexies! Fun!
    That scrap basket book looks promising - keep us posted ok? I made a quilt similar to the one on the cover & it turned out so nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That hedgehog fabric is too cute! You should use that for your iPad cover. Your hexies are impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving the DS stack! can't wait to see it become a quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your fabrics you picked. I've finally decided to join in even though I don't have the time, I will just be miserable watching all the fun if I don't!! And I love that red riding hood fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a week for getting work on projects done. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)