June 22, 2011

Sew and Tell/ WIP #4: I Love A Good Deadline!

Here is the damage on my BOM-14 blocks since Sunday the 12th. Now I can dig into my pile of DS Fairgrounds and not feel guilty starting my Kaleidoscope Quilt. I am so thankful for the extra time to plan for this Quilt Along. I looove deadlines.  These two quilts are not going to be my all-time favorites, but I love the challenge that each block brought. Three more blocks in each colorway need to be finished. I'll actually try that as Blocks of the Month and I'll have this finished by the end of summer. My favorite block is the one in the center.

Warm Colorway:

Warm Colorway


Cool Colorway:

Cool Colorway


Names of blocks: 1. Spyglass  2. Ballroom Dance  3.???  4. Jacob's Stepladder  5. Oh My Star  6. Spinner  7. Tulip  8. Grandstand  9. Rosette

After this, I decided  that the Farmer's Wife Quilt Along is not for me right now. I think in January I will enjoy doing it a little more. I have a Cathedral Window Quilt, a Postage Stamp Quilt (true 1 inch version), Dresden Plate Quilt, and a Hexagon Quilt that are begging for my attention and that's plenty of a challenge for me. That's 4 precision quilts enough for me. I'll be insanely jealous until the end of the year. Trust me.

9 comments:

  1. Love, love love these. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing an amazing job on these intricate blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've got a lot done. Those are marvelous blocks. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely! love these designs.

    i am looking forward to seeing your DS quilt come alive. i just love that collection of prints!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blocks. You've been a busy lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of tedious piecing! Great job. The cools colors are so nice to look at right now:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)