June 17, 2011

The Mini Blockapalooza Continues

I have finished a few more block. Tonight, if I finish what I start, I will have 16 blocks done.  I am going to make good use of the Friday Night Sew In.  I can't believe that will make 12 blocks this week. I'll have to spend the weekend cutting out the others, but the fabric is so mixed up. It's sitting in a pile in a draw in some kind of order I forgot. So much for putting aside something for just a moment.

Here's the project in pieces.

In pieces last night!

Here is the result of the last two days.

Spinner Block W 209

Sigh... they make pinwheels look like child's play.

Center Spinner Block W 209


Ballroom Dance Block W 609 Center


Ballroom Dance Block W 609


There are pros and cons about having to do two blocks in different colorways. They are great for experimenting with pressing and getting the points right. At the same time when you are finished with one, you have to make that block twice!

Ballroom Dance Block W 609


Anna and I also made a 'quilt' for her princesses. The original pillow, glued onto cardboard(?), and the fabric for the bed was kinda yucky. I had her try a 1/4 inch seam. That was hard. I wanted to say I can do it, but that's not the point, right? She did a great job holding the fabric and even used the foot pedal. We sewed a rectangle and then turned the backing and linen inside out. We made a pillow and added some stylish ribbon perfect for a princess.

New linens for the princess dolls!


I have been working during naptime, but even a sneaky 'sleepy' noodle can wake up, unbeknownst to mom and dad downstairs, tiptoe into her sleeping brother's room and have a little fun.


She removed her shirt and found herself a canvas. 'Look mommy. Look!" After we talked about where you draw with markers, my husband and I were giggling as we washed her little face and belly! "Look mommy, daddy. My belly. My belly clean." Ohh, my sweet one... please stay little.

9 comments:

  1. Great blocks. At least she didn't draw on the carpet or walls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks! Sweet princess bed! My daughter once coloured her entire tummy red with a crayola fat marker and was so proud of herself. It was before she was talking, so I'm not sure what she was thinking, I just remember gasping when she first walked into the room, then laughing my head off. She thought she was so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, great blocks!! That little one is adorable, they grow up way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are great, and Anna did an excellent job on her doll's bed! My granddaughter would be pea green with envy!!

    Thank heaven for washable markers!!

    Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blocks! That first one looks complicated, but what an awesome result!

    Cute kiddo! You can tell she got her mama's creative genes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love the fabrics you're using in those blocks! And the little one is so adorable, thanks for sharing that smiley moment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a wall-drawer! And after she found out that I wasn't that pleased with this, she'd chose walls that weren't so obvious like behind the couch. She's a graphic artist now.

    I love your blocks!! Are they for a farmer's wife quilt. I'm starting to get serious quilter's envy with everyone working on one of these!! Whoop! Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are really jamming with these blocks! I wondered if you would like to link this post up with my BOMs AWAY Monday (or any of the other recent ones)? http://whatahootquilts.blogspot.com/2011/06/boms-away-monday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had to giggle about your daughter using herself for a canvas. :-) Adorable.

    Terrific blocks too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)