June 10, 2011

I'm a Happy Camper

The Happy Camper top is finished. Here's a sneak peak. I have to make a creative back since I have a back two inches too short for the width. So much for me messing with the pattern. I have a cool idea for the back, but it may take a couple of weeks. I will say the idea makes me smile every time I think about it.


Here is the Scrap Basket Sensations book, making today a good mail day. I won this from Sinta at the Pink Pincushion. I am going curl up on the couch and have a good read. I see two quilts already that interest me!

I also won a yard of fabric at Pink Chalk fabrics at their 50 yards of fabric blog giveaway. They are working through the book One Yard Wonders. It is in their 23rd week and it a great jump into sewing with soo many fun projects that need only a yard! It is interesting to see how each project turns out. I think I may buy a pattern or book with the certificate. Any advice?

So yup... this is a great Friday!

6 comments:

  1. How exciting! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought 3 yards of fabric with my 'free' yard in about 30 seconds after I opened the email from pink chalk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I have never seen this book, it looks pretty good and I've added it to my Amazon wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a couple of great wins! Have fun with the goodies!I'm heading over now to check out the One Yard Wonders...
    Hugs,
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the wins! :) That books looks like it is going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quilt you used as a background for your book photo. There's a blue fabric there with little white and yellow flowers that I swear was the dustruffel in my childhood bedroom :)

    Can I make a request? Would you do a review of your Scrap Basket quilt book? I've heard of several folks picking up a copy, but haven't heard what they think of it. I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)