May 6, 2011

Amm yum yum yum...

I don't know about you, but I love breakfast. It must be my favorite meal of the day. I think it might be the fact that you can pour sugar onto everything and get away with it!! My favorite is waffles. Waffles with strawberries, jam, syrup, whip cream... but on a weekday it is too hard to do this and make it to school with the kids on time. My husband usually makes the waffles every Saturday before the kids go to their tennis lesson and I get to sew with Zoe. He has the recipe memorized! Last week our waffle maker broke and we  had to buy a new Belgium one. It had one of those recipe booklets that you look at once and stick into the cabinet and let gather dust. We did get two very yummy ideas out of it- waffle french toast and chocolate waffles. I'm kindly requesting the later for Mother's Day.

Here is the result this Friday...!!

...amm yum yum yum!!

Easy, super fast and much better than my usual french toast. (I usually use a recipe of 1 egg per piece of bread and add some milk to soak the bread.) Mine are usually soggy and burnt and these were crispy and perfectly cooked on the inside. Get out your abandoned waffle makers and enjoy the next best thing!


My Single Girl will be done soon.

 
I have been looking at the pictures and have been finding the color is always off. The colors look neon sometimes.


The aquas are too bright and the green yellow isn't that garish. Any ideas why? Is the background of coal colored fabric messing with the camera's automatic settings?

After I get the arc in the hoop finished today, I will feel like I am on the home stretch.


Sharing the sewing week with friends here ...

8 comments:

  1. Pretty top---I think your eyes are playing with ya-lol! Sometimes mine do it too. The hands stitching is rockin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing the fabrics from seeing them in person...I know this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never get the colors correct in my pictures. I don't know why. I think something to do with the flash. It's pretty anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitches look gorgeous! Way to go - that's amazing progress. My daughter may want to get adopted by you. Sounds like you like your waffles the exact same way she does!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Single Girl is coming along very nicely!! And the waffles/french toast look wonderful!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Your quilting is great. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. French toast, with crispy bacon, bananas and maple syrup, or with honey and fresh fruit, very yum!
    I've herded all my blogs together in one place so please pop over and see me at http://piecenpeace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love breakfast! Those waffles look so good.
    So does the quilt. I finally found my missing Single Girl blocks. I am almost done putting them together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)