March 14, 2011

Testing... Testing...

Remember this pile here in January.
Garden Party by Anna Maria Horner

Remember this post here? Can you imagine my surprise that this post came along here at i'm a ginger monkey? 

Here is my test block for the Single Girl Quilt Along. I succumbed to the lure of Kona Coal and this grey craze going around flickr lately.

(Yes I know it's the same as the quilt along button and that makes me feel silly, but my favorite Garden Party seemed like the perfect choice.)


It is to become a test quilt very, very soon. How could I stop at just a pillow?


It is so mine.

Now it seems so easy to sew those Katie Jump Rope rings. If you are still in analysis paralysis in this quilt along, get to it! I'll tell you a secret. I was scared each step of the way, but I managed it and it wasn't that bad at all!!

I'm sharing this block at Sew Modern Monday hosted at Canoe Ridge Creations.

7 comments:

  1. Well done!!! It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kristen! You make so beautiful, fantastic quilts! I love them and the fabrics you use!
    Thank you so much for your visit and sweet words! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. WONDERFUL! You did a great job, and yours looks so lovely! I can't wait to see the whole quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grey plays so nicely with all colours. The block looks delicious, maybe you need to make more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement--I've been scared to death to get moving on that quilt-along. Like, I picked my fabrics, cut the strips and then... That's it. Yours turned out great! Any tips other than "suck it up, Meg, and stop being such a baby!"?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your practice block! I really need to get back at my KJR single girl...eek! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)