March 16, 2011

Single Girl Quilt Progress

This was the result of working late last night. As usual, I was apprehensive. With the help of Denyse Schmidt's brilliant design work and half inch seams, the ring blocks came together very well. I will admit they were not perfect, but I need to embrace a bit of wonkiness in my life.

IMG_1323

I didn't have too much rippling of the Kona Coal or rings since I starched and eased the edges to match the rings to the background. The rings were a bit bigger than they should be. A lot of steam pressing helped too. Any wrinkles will crinkle nicely when this is hand quilted.

While I am somewhat allergic to pins, I think they were necessary.

IMG_1321


A border of half square triangles will be added and I will/should have a finished top by Friday.

So what color perle cotton should I use? Aqua? Green? Varigated?? Saw this and I am intrigued. Anyone familiar with the brand Lisbeth? I am leaning toward a violet.

Depending on how much work gets done on the Katie Jump Rope version, I will be committing to this quilt along too.

Supernova Quilt-Along with Freshly Pieced

9 comments:

  1. How absolutely beautifully that has turned out! *Almost* makes me want to make one of my own! Pins are a definite must when piecing curves.

    I haven't heard of Lisbeth, but your inclination toward violet sounds great. Second choice (for me) would be aqua, mainly because I love how it looks against Kona Coal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love the Kona Coal (which is my favorite Kona) background. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! That looks so great! I love the darker Kona you have used (hmmm I start to learn some fabrics)! That quilt is going to be wonderful!
    Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would pick aqua myself, I think it would be stunning against the coal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking great! Even though my fav colour is aqua I feel violet would be a better choice. But its a hard decision isnt it? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Moses, that's a lot of pins!! Looks great, though--we're our own worst critics. I see no wonk. And as a very wise quilter once told me "Done is better than perfect." Truer words were never spoken!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I am allergic to pins too. I use very little. If I can get away with it, I dont pin at all.

    Your quilt looks real nice with the grey.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)