February 14, 2011

The Love Quilt

This quilt top was finished this weekend.

I have had this fabric since last year and needed to make something cute out of it. It'sL'amour by Sandy Gervais. It's the "everyone else made something inspiring with and I had to have it because it was steal on sale, but a year later I was wondering what I bought it for" fabric.

It was made of fabric cuts, selvage to selvage, from 1.5 inches to 3 inches, in half inch increments. It measures 68 inches by 41 inches, perfect for snuggling under the couch with a sweetheart. It was cut and sewn in one day and is perfect for a beginner. I added the love applique, raw edged, since I couldn't stop humming the Beatles song All You Need Is Love.  I am torn as to which quilting method to use, but I am going to decide tonight and try to finish it by Friday. Nana comes! And Great Nana!!! We love you and can't wait!



Happy Valentine's Day all!!

p.s. My Cathedral Window quilt block won over at QuiltStory! :))  Look over there for some serious block inspiration.

I am adding this to Sew Mondern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations and at Fabric Tuesday at QuiltStory.

17 comments:

  1. Oh!!!! Congratulations on winning with your beautiful cathedral windows block!!! Love the "Love" quilt (I also seem to have many yards of similarly categorized fabric!). Love was the only show we saw in Vegas and I LOVED it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The simple lines along with the word love are just wonderful. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for using your L'Amour fabric. Also, congrats on winning for your block. It was a really great one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on winning over at QuiltStory! I loved your block :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! What a perfect project to post today! I did see that your block won earlier this morning, so congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You were up against some awesome quilts so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your "love" quilt! That's so funny about the fabric. I've wondered if I'd feel the same way about some of the lines that I've considered because everyone else was crazy over them!
    Congrats on your win, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt!! Glad you found a use for that pretty fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! I've been wanting to try a strip quilt cut salvage to salvage but I couldn't picture it. Now that I know what it could look like I'll start cutting... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the block party win! And the love quilt is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is wonderful! I love the colors and the strips! Really fun! And congrats on the wind for your quilt block! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great finish in time for Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this quilt and congrats on your block winning! It sure is a beauty! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay seriously love the tiny strips! It looks so great! Thanks for linking up to Fabric Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)