February 7, 2011

A Block Party!

QuiltStory is hosting a Block Party. I have decided to enter these two blocks.


Fresh Poppy Design


The first is my postage stamp block.

Postage Stamp block

It measures 20 by 20 inches and is made of 400 random one inch pieces. I plan to make more of these in a block of the month format to have a finished quilt at the end of the year. It has some has favorites from 2010: Kona, Michael Miller and, my favorite, Holiday Happy from Happy Zombie.

Postage Stamp Block closeup

The next block is from my Cathedral Window quilt. The units are sewn by machine and each window is hand appliqued. My goal this year is one-window-a-day and so far I have kept up and have 38 windows completed. Whoohoo! I am usually a terrible procrastinator.

Cathedral Windows

Both will be entered in the traditional category.

Have you entered a block? Make sure to visit all the wonderful blocks entered here.

13 comments:

  1. oh, can I come play at your house? love these beautiful blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cathedral window, it's heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both those blocks are great. I like your postage stamp one, particularly. Seems like such tiny pieces and you've kept everything so straight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 1 inch square, that's awesome! I love your plan to finish a little something everyday. Personally I don't think I could keep up right now, such is life. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathedral windows are beautiful. Very nice work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow! i love both of these. seriously good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE your cathedral window block....cathedral windows are my favorite! I love the bright colors contrasting with the bright white sashing...so striking! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping with your kind comment! I really love your second block..I might have to try out your tutorial and make some myself...happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the Cathedral Windows block!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blocks! For the postage stamp quilt--did you do anything "special" or just sew them together square by square? Your corners are awesome and the block lays so flat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both of your blocks. I have been itching to start a postage stamp quilt myself and I LOVE the cathedral window block. It looks tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I don't need to tell you how great these blocks are! Congrats!! Thanks so much for participating, we'll be in touch :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)