January 21, 2011

FNSI

I have tons on my to-do list tonight and I will get it done!
I also am excited to throw a few of these together each month.

American Jane Hexagons


Is it acceptable for the stitches to show? How many stitches on the edge of a 1 inch hexagon is good enough? I usually go a bit overboard. I have never seen one of these in person so I am winging it.

Goals for tonight's FNSI.
1. 9 5 inch Crazy quilt blocks (I am using a what I call a quick chop method.)
2. Put binding on Star pillow for the Bloggers Pillow Party
3. Sew strips for postage stamp quilt
4. Cut out more hexagons for AMH quilt
5. Cathedral Window Tutorial edits

I'm going to see Saturday in the first few hours for sure, but January has been a black hole of half finished projects of some irritation. I have been tired and colds have filled the month. I finally figured out the new variable I ignored. The new big girl bed adjustment for Zoe. Keeping her in bed, with having the kids dutifully yell down the stairs she has not, is getting annoying. It has been better lately, but I am still feeling lack of motivation to do anything. So I will just do something and hope to be inspired. Then there is the question of a long promised project that I will get done this weekend no matter what.

For the rest of the month I hope for Zoe to learn how to count sheep, for all to have sweet sleep and health in the days ahead, a sewing machine that hums along, beautiful fabric, miles of thread, and no broken needles.

4 comments:

  1. Your Hexis look wonderful. Those are a lot of stitches:) Have fun with FNSI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hexagons look great!! I am looking forward to your cathedral window tutorial. I will have to check back on your FNSI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "For the rest of the month I hope for Zoe to learn how to count sheep, for all to have sweet sleep and health in the days ahead, a sewing machine that hums along, beautiful fabric, miles of thread, and no broken needles."

    Amen to that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is acceptable if the stitches show on the top. They always do on the back. When the paper pieces come out, they are practically invisible. Your stitches look about the same distance as mine. I have 3/4" sides. Yours look great! I once saw the back of the lady who originally created the Paper Pieces company. Her stitches were about 3 times farther apart than mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)