December 3, 2010

Stars And Christmas Trees

While watching the entire season of Firefly on Netflix, I quilted this wonky star with perle cotton. (Please tell me I am not the only fan. Do you have a favorite series that is no more too?)

IMG_0773

Hopefully this counts for Sew and Tell. I think I am getting faster at this type of big stitch quilting. I used a blue marking pen and marked quarter inch intervals for accuracy. Then I quilted every half inch. White is such a hard color for the camera to capture in the winter light. It's so much brighter than it looks.)

IMG_0774

The texture is amazing to feel after it was washed. So I'm wondering should this be a pillow or a wall hanging? It measures 18 inches. Should binding and at the same time a pillow opening be added? It could be both. Right? Either way it will be finished-finished tomorrow!

I busted out some of these hexagons last night. American Jane has to be loved so much due to their bright primary colors that go with everything. The series of fabrics is so bright and happy. ;)

IMG_0781


Some fabric is coming for Christmas fun and these were picked these out of my stash for Christmas trees.

IMG_0775


I think my wonky star quilt/pillow will look good with this tree.

I would love to hear from you. Make sure to visit Amy's Sew and Tell this week and be inspired.

11 comments:

  1. Your star and more so your quilting is beautiful!! Those bright hexigons... what are the plans for those? And yes yes yes to green fabrics for trees! Can't wait to see what else you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the festive eye candy you're sharing with us. The star is lovely and the quilting is very well done! I'm impressed.

    Firefly? Are you kidding? We're watching it right now. Again. This is our 3-4th time through. LOL We just watched Shindig.

    Thanks for sharing all the beautiful and fun fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of Firefly! Your quilting is amazing and I would go with pillow - so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your stitching! I have made a total of 2 hexagons, but want to get back to it. A good series would help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you like to do lots of hand stitching. More power to you! Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! I love that wonky star. Wouldn't it make a pretty pillow cover too? Visiting from Sew&Tell. Thanks for sharing. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your quilting...very amazing!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great green fabric! The Christmas tree will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love Firefly. There aren't enough words to describe that love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)