December 11, 2010

Sorry...

I'd like to say sorry if the last post messed up your blogroll. I will try to be more subtle next. I didn't think of that. Thanks for all the kind words and I hope it gave you a laugh at least.

Some better eye candy might help. I bought a new bit of fabric called Punctuation from Moda'a American Jane. It works very well with the Wee Play.


The jelly roll got defuzzed two seconds later. Andrew and Zoe had lots of fun chasing all the bits, *ahem* fairies, from those crimped edges as I shook it in the backyard. It works perfectly to add to the hexagon quilt I am making. I am doubling up colors for the flowers already and needed more variety to get the quilt size I want.  I hit 1000 hexies this week and they are bursting out of the Costco Spinach container I keep them in. I can't believe that many fit! I am going to start piecing them in groups in January.
 
I think this coming year may have to be a fabric diet year as I have too much fabric squirreled away for this project and that. Do you feel that way too? Plus I have a couple pesky BOMs to finish. Sigh... need to clean up those OFOs. I think I might break them up into BOMs, pieces finished monthly, so I have a set of finished quilts at the end of the year. Plus, by not buying fabric I will have money saved up to send them to a longarm quilter. Hmm...

Oh and I think I may have found a CindyLou Who.


I am going to make cookies, write Santa with the kiddos, and sew this weekend. What are you up to?

10 comments:

  1. i love the stripes in Punctuation, but otherwise, Im more sold on the older American Jane lines...you are right though, will love fabulous all hexie like with your wee play!!

    we are making a rainbow layer cake for my sons birthday party tomorrow. wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on a quilt for the quilt ministry and three more for Christmas gifts!! Shopped for my Angel Tree baby this morning, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness Z is adorable with her piggy tails! 1000 hexies is ridiculously impressive - WOW. Have a great weekend, we're going to decorate the tree today. I like your new year's plan. Every year I promise myself I won't buy more fabric, then 5 minutes later I get some fabulous newsletter with a "new fabric" announcement in my inbox and all willpower is shattered. I should never have memorized my visa number.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely hexies and a cutie pie! And no, I never feel as if I have too much fabric. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a stinkin cute photo!
    I cant believe youve made 1000 hexies so far! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stoping in from FNSI, your hexies look great! Can't wait to see what you make! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love that the fluff became fairies. Great stuff. I'm having a lazy day, will be sewing a Roses from the Heart bonnet and roasting a chicken when I finally get dressed but my dressing gown is so warm and cosy and it is Sunday.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is a cutie pie! I do love your hexies and the fabric choices.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)