December 16, 2010

Just CrossStitch

I framed these last night. I used to cross-stitch before quilting. I gave it up since it was so expensive and hard to find the expertise to frame cross-stitch. I'll only make it now if the design fits a standard frame. These will go in my dining room against a nice sage colored paint. They have nice white frames along with the white mats. They were designed by Marie Barber for the magazine Just CrossStitch in 2002. I finished them in the Summer of 04 before Anna was born. Geeshh.

Woodruff

Woodruff

Catnip

Catnip

Soapwort

Soapwort

Evening Primrose

Evening Primrose

Mullein

Mullein

False Indigo

False Indigo


It feels good to get these framed. I will get them on the wall this weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Cross-stitch is just so dainty. Your work is gorgeous! Glad you are getting to hang them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're gorgeous! I'm glad to hear you've got them framed and ready to hang. They deserve to be seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful pieces, and so delicate. They will grace your dining room well. (Ah, don't we all have some pretty pieces tucked away here and there, good for you to dig these out now!)
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look very nice. I am not a huge cross stitch fan but these could convert me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)