December 31, 2010

Happy New Year


"New York you say? No booze. Sub-freezing weather. People who show up 18 hours early to be crammed against barricades for a 60 second ball drop. That's not a party, my friends.

Las Vegas? Four miles of the most famous street in the world closed down for pedestrians to celebrate the new year in a neon glow like no other. For one night, you are in the worlds biggest nightclub, no cover charge, and a half-million dollars worth of fireworks going off over your head!

Ring out 2009 and ring in 2010 here at Las Vegas New Years Eve!"

OK... found that on the web. Yes it's true, but I can honestly say that I will always be in my warm house in the 'burbs of Vegas. I grew out of the fascination of all that and New Year's Eve long ago. Funny how 310,000 people are coming to Vegas for New Year's and all I can think is, "That's what we call a taxpayer out here."

So yes... I made resolutions and I did do some of them... I'll soon share what projects I finished the last few weeks and what yummy projects I'll be working on this next year.

Mostly I am enjoying the now- family, pajamas until noon, food, sewing a little, watching way too many classic trilogies on the TV and just hanging out. Keeping it real.

2 comments:

  1. im going to give you a HIGH FIVE for that post!!!
    ^5

    im snuggled on the couch with my laptop, surfing projects to start working on and considering moving my sewing room around tomorrow. life is good....in the burbs of vegas.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I only had one little girl we lived in Las Vegas for one year. I remember having Christmas breakfast at a buffet. Best ever. I dont remember New year's though. I bet it is fun. And not 16 degrees.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)