November 21, 2010

Turkey Day Dinner Plans

I usually get asked if I am going to a buffet, Vegas style, every year. I did it once with friends and enjoyed the company, but it wasn't the same. So I have complied a list of recipes that I look forward to every year. My taste buds have a yummy homemade dinner to look forward to. While they are decadent, the holiday comes once a year. Here is my Food and Wine menu.

Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce

image from the gracious bowl
I think this is why we planted that Pomegranate tree in the back yard!

Ginger Orange Cranberry Sauce


I make two different kinds. Yes, they are that good! If you can stick the ingredients in a pot and simmer them, then you can make this!! No cran in a can here in this family!


Broiled Ricotta With Olives And Sun Dried Tomato Relish


Rose Sangria with Cranberries and Apples


Angel Biscuits

image from the bakewells


Creamed Spinach and Parsnips Potatoes
I omit Parsnips and use potatoes. I've never been able to eat the former.


Pumpkin Cheesecake with Pecan Praline Topping


 Double-Crust Apple Pie


Don't forget the turkey and cranberry stuffing with gravy! What's on your holiday menu this season? Do you want to come over?

6 comments:

  1. wow, great looking recipes.
    In Canada we always had to have brussel sprouts. Around Thanksgiving (in October) huge bins of brussel sprouts would show up. When I had my first American thanksgiving I could find nary a sprout.
    When my oldest was 3 we lived in Vegas and had Christmas dinner at a buffet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! I want to visit any house that can grow pomegranates in the back yard! Happy feasting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, so fancy! My husband and I will celebrate with his family on Friday. So I decided to make a "mini-Thanksgiving" for us. Turkeys are too big for two people, so I picked up a couple of Cornish Hens to stuff. Maybe some spinach casserole, and some apple pie. Yummm! Now, he is an EMT, and since we don't have family plans on Thursday, he took the chance to sign up to be on call. I am counting on everyone being safe on Thursday so he doesn't get called out and we can have our "mini-Thanksgiving". Otherwise, it will be a re-heated "mini-Thanksgiving" when he gets back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, such tasty goodness! I am just 'showing up' at mom and dads this year. I think that itself will make for a great Thanksgiving..haha. Your yummy's look wonderful! -Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delicious menu! My mom's doing the Thanksgiving cooking this year (well, truth be known she does it every year since she likes to cook better than I do).

    I know what you mean though, going to a restaurant just wouldn't be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I lived closer. That menu sounds amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)