October 11, 2010

Monday Meanderings

I made some of my Blueberry Buckle this weekend. The secret is to always mess it up. I have never once made it correctly, this time it was an extra egg, and it came out super yummy anyway. Mr. Happy and the kids make it disappear. It's good for dessert and for breakfast. I always end up doubling the recipe to make up for the measuring errors. The curious thing is it never buckles...


Carla is having an amazing giveaway at her blog. She is giving away this beautiful wall quilt. If you are a current reader, you know what a busy lady she is, and if you are new, go check out her blog out!


I am looking for the one in the middle. Good luck, right? I can't get over the fact that a Mendocino fat quarter is going for so much. I am kicking myself for not buying a few yards of this collection last year. I want to make another mini quilt. I have a few scraps, from a giveaway, and need a few mermaids to add to a Dresden plate. I suppose I'll find something or work a bit with what I have.


I am also working on this quilt. The weather is cooperating and is cooler, so I am hand quilting away on it.


Are the political commercials in high gear where you are? At least the mudslinging, misquotes and terrible pictures of candidates work on my four year old. He refers to a certain candidate as "that a bad guy". I think I will make a more informed choice!

6 comments:

  1. what size of fabric do you need of the mermaids? i might have some scraps i can send your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this quilt from Carla is awesome isn't it?

    the fabric is to die for...well maybe, mug someone, sell their organs, and then buy your fq? LOL

    can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont have the little fish but I do have about 3 of the other mendochino fabrics. Any others you are looking for other than fish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun fabrics! I hope you find the one you are looking for.

    HA! We've been talking about the political commercials at my house. I expected them to be negative, but jeez, they're really making stuff up. I'm surprised the commercials don't accuse that "bad guy" of being from Mars. The other accusations are just about as outlandish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be so glad when election day arrives and all the mudslinging ends..... although my husband reminded me that after election day, the presidential election season starts up! Hoo boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO loving the last picture!
    (Am your new follower by the way ...)
    I have a probably somewhat weird question: How does handquilting work?
    I am making my very first quilt and am hoping to finish the top soon. I have no idea really yet how to quilt the whole thing - but guess I will have to do it somehow ... *sigh*
    I did not think about the possibility to handquilt it until I saw your quilt. I suppose it takes a long time ... ?
    I am kinda trying to figure out which would be the best way to go for my first quilt ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)