October 15, 2010

Good Folks Hexagon Runner

I just finished this hexagon runner.


It measures 40 by 16 inches. It was machine pieced and a flannel was used for the batting. That made the runner more flat. I backed it with linen. The tutorial for the machine quilting of the hexagons is on my side bar if you are interested.


I quilted it in DMC perle cotton with a stab stitch. The stitches came out nicer on the back than if I quilted it normally but it was frustrating. Sometimes they came out pretty and other times they were irregular. I'll stick with a hoop and regular quilting next time. While the Anna Maria Horner fabrics of the Good Folks line are bright, I thought it was odd that the back looks like Easter!


I made some coasters to use on a side table.


I am going to hang out under a quilt and get over this bug I have. Visit you all tonight.

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you. Make sure to visit Amy's Sew and Tell this week and be inspired.

19 comments:

  1. Love your table runner. :)

    I love hexies, and the colors you used are so bright and cheerful!

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything you do!!!! -Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table runner turned out great! It looks modern and old fashioned at the same time. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tablerunner!
    The colours are so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun table runner and cute coasters. What a good idea to use flannel as your batting to keep the runner nice and flat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. now that is an awesome table runner! love the fabrics and the back is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so pretty. i love the stitching and the linen back is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that looks great! The fabrics are so pretty. I'm only working on my first quilt now, but thanks for the tutorial, I may try that when I get more brave. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your runner! And your quilting is fabulous, great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the runner is beautiful!! It will be totally reversible with your lovely stitching on that linen back. Well done! Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just lovely Kristen! So bright and pretty. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love the colors and the matching coasters!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful and I just love the colors! I haven't tried making hexes yet, but I just might have to try starting them w/ those coasters you made. I love those! I am new to amylouwho's site and her "Sew & Tell Fridays" and I'm so glad that I found her site and your's as well! :-) I sure hope you start feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love this!! The fabrics are so vibrant and colourful. Will have to check out the tutorial because I cannot face piecing hexies by hand. Love the look of your quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful table runner!! This was just the motivation I needed to finish-up some hexagons I started this summer! Hope you get better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such happy colours & fabrics! I love hexagons especially in such hues. I always bring a bag to sew when waiting in the car or in the plane. Happy week from Tokyo, Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really beautiful! I seriously love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty. I love the fabric so much. I really need to get me some.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)