October 22, 2010

Festivals For The Rest of Us

This is my cherries quilt. I finished all the diagonal quilting across the quilt and the stitching in the ditch inside of the green border.  I'm quilting in pink and will quilt an outline around the cherries in white.


I also finished this cathedral windows pincushion. It has another window in the Katie orange basket weave. I had some leftover windows from Zoe's cathedral window quilt.


I finished Anna's quilt, but since it's cloudy and Mr. Happy isn't around to help, he has big arms, I'll share next week. I also have a camera bag idea that I thought would so much better in Amy Butler than the black one I saw on Amazon. And... costumes for Halloween...

But oops... We won't be around next week since Amy at Amy's Creative Side is hosting the fall quilt festival.

Amy's Creative Side - Blogger's Quilt Festival

I think I am going to share my grandmother's quilt, it's influence on me and show my first quilt.  What are you doing?

We also have a school fall festival thing this Friday at the elementary school. There are supposedly hayrides, games and food. Doesn't that sound like a good night?

And just because I am a spoiled fabric brat... I added a few more cuts to my Meadowsweet stash this week.


It most definitely pays to take on extra tutoring students. :)

(Thanks again to everyone who offered to help me find mermaid fabric. I traded some things and got the blush HR I needed.)

Let me know what you think. Don't be shy! I would love to hear from you. Make sure to visit Amy's Sew and Tell this week and be inspired. 

10 comments:

  1. Your cherry quilt is lovely as well as the pin cushion, you do wonderful work.

    Just love love love your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cherry, and kudos for hand quilting it! I love the meadowsweet fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cherries quilt is just delightful. So scrappy and wonderful!

    The cathedral windows pincushion is awesome. I wouldn't have thought of that!

    Love your stash additions.

    Ack! I'm going to miss the Bloggers Quilt Festival. I'll be on the road to Kansas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cherry quilt is so pretty! (I feel like I say that about everything you make, but it's the honest truth!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing your cherries quilt when its finished. It looks so pretty. i also might have been stash building this week. the aussie dollar was nearly equal to the US dollar. Great shopping for us aussies. I have been out photographing my quilt forthe quilters festival before the storm hits. Its one of my older quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your pretties! I'm waffling between two different quilts for the quilt festival - I need to get on the ball and make a decision! Your idea sounds great though - inspiration and perspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cherry quilt is coming along nicely...love the pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cherry quilt is just stunning! I just love it!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cherry quilt is really beuatiful as well as the quilting. Love your cathedral window pincushion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)