September 18, 2010

Good Folks and Wee Play Hexagons

I finished the last batch of paper pieced hexagons, 14, for Friday Night Sew In.

Moda Wee Play Hexagons

This type of quilt was on my bucket list of things to try. Yeah... was! I found this fat quarter pack new on etsy for a fraction of the original price. I love deals! Especially this one. Then, Amy at badskirt did me in. Her quilt is perfect. In two weeks, I have finished about 400 plus. From here on out, I will continue at a more reasonable pace. I actually kept track of the progress and it became a game. "How many can I finish tonight?" Lots of late nights later and picking up Anna from school helped, as did both younger children taking naps together!

Besides using my shoebox for organization, this is an awesome organic spinach container from Costco. Thank you Rae Ann from Stash Manicure! So eat your vegetables and sew! Right?

My Anna Maria Horner Good Folks runner is almost done too. Don't you love the colors?

AMH hexagon table runner

It is machine pieced and was easy! Soo much faster... I'll share how to do it on Monday. I'm enjoying quilting it with Perle cotton size 8.

AMH hexagon table runner

Those big stitches are fast! Hand quilting I can get done fast! I like that!

I hope your Friday Night Sew-In was as productive as mine was. What did you work on this Friday?

13 comments:

  1. LOVE these hexagon projects! And you just reminded me I threw out a Costco strawberry container today...need to go get it and wash it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're insane! That's awesome Kristen! (and not to mention beautiful). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the colors of both sets. I cant wait to see your tute on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 400 in 2 weeks?! That's a lot. Looking forward to your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that are amazing and I'm totally impressed! You make me what to start making some for my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on finishing your cutouts, the quilt is going to be beautiful!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Popping in from FNSI.

    Gosh I love the fabrics in the table runner. I've been toying with the idea of a hexie quilt for ages...

    Are you insane? 400 hexies in 2 weeks? Good grief. I'd be lucky to get that many done in 2 years.

    This is going to be one gorgeous quilt when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love hexagon quilts! Love yours!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your hexies! The colors are great! Way to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an insane amount of hexagons! They are very very pretty and your quilt is going to be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh... those are gorgeous! You have made great progress. Keep going.. it will be so beautiful in the end!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)