May 18, 2010

Week 4: Dresden Plate Party

I thought I would share some creative uses of  Dresden plates today.


Crafterhours has the cutest tutorial for a skirt made out of Lila Tueller's Eden.



There were bags on esty by stitchinginsocks. Don't you love the use of black here!

Could you imagine mini quilts using flowers and maybe potholders for the next Potholder Pass?

I found this while waiting 1 hour for my fabric to be cut at Joanne's. They have magazines place near the cutting station on purpose me thinks!! What if this beauty of an idea was modified with a Dresden?


(edited... oops! pic link expired....)

Here are the rules for the plates made by a template. The finished plate is 2 x size of template + 1" - 1/2". Add the center, 1", and subtract the two 1/4" seam allowances you turned over to make the point.

I have made 4 of the modern red and aqua blocks. I am missing the center of one since I got home from 4 hours of tutoring and was too tired. I am now thinking of what kind of borders to use to finish. Do you have any ideas?

More Dresden Plate Blocks

Can't wait to visit you this week. You can also drop some pictures in the flickr pool. If anyone wants to participate and has neither a blog or a flickr account please email me and I will enter it in the pool with all acknowledgments.

7 comments:

  1. Love those bags! I haven't done anything Dresden related all week - need to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a lot of cute ideas for Dresdens! The bags are so cute.

    Your blocks are beautiful, Kristen. I don't have any great ideas for borders at the moment, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I enjoyed seeing the Dresden on other projects besides quilts. Your Dresden project is coming along beautifully, Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skirt is so cute! Love the black bag with the bright dresden. Very fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look great!

    I say nix the borders and do a circle covering the intersection of each block. Well... you'd probably want to do a wide border then. Maybe the red flora and fauna?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought a dresden plate pattern...so excited! Thanks for visiting my blog, its so fun to meet new bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute skirt and bags! Gonna have to check out those blogs. Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)