May 14, 2010

Another Linen Zakka Inspired Sewing Basket

I told you these are multiplying around the house. I had it cut for a while and finally finished it this week. They are linen and measure 6" by 4" by 3".

Linen Zakka Inspired Sewing Basket


My tutorial is here if you are interested in making one. I use the flower tutorial here for the leaves.

I have been trying to finish some old stuff since I feel guilty about the Dresden Plate blocks that I have begun. I should have something to show next week. It been a productive sewing week, but this week has been busy, busy, busy with all the end of school year stuff and my tutoring schedule has been full at night.  (School year ends June 3 here.) I am worst than the kids. I can't wait until summer starts.

And remember to go visit Sew and Tell. There are more talented and crafty people than me out there.

17 comments:

  1. this basket is so cute. i love it! great finish

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! I have to have some too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute basket! I can see these being pretty and useful to have around or give away as gifts. Great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute basket! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love little quilty baskets to hide needed but ugly items in. I keep charger cables in one!!

    Blessings,

    KT

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I guess great minds think alike don't they?

    Love the ric rac and flower...I have one I'm working on that needs a little something, and since it's my belief that ric rac is the answer to the whole world's problems, I may just have to be inspired by your basket :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool box, I'll have to check out the tutorials. It would make a great addition to my home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wpnderful! I really should make some of these for my "sewing sisters"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! These would make the best gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delightful basket! Hmmm, just so many cool things could go in a basket like that. I'm thinking about all my hand-quilting stuff.... As soon as I'm caught up on some WIPs I just may make one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So love the look of linen with pink...agree with the above comment, fabulous gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful basket! Love the little yoyo and rickrack! so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another beautiful basket!! I am having a hard time not jumping in and making some of the beautiful things you keep sharing and inspiring but I have a huge UFO pile that I am determined to finish before starting anything else! But it's killing me !! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. the handsewing on the rick rack is awesome! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kristen,

    Very nice - you did a perfect job.

    Thanks for spotting in the magazine! :) Your comment made my day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this is so adorable! I'm clicking your tutorial...

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful basket! So simple and pretty. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)