April 2, 2010

Get Your S'Bucks And Sew

This weekend was a slow finish week. I made a Heather Bailey pin cushion that became a princess pillow and this super easy coffee cozy. The rest of the week we spent doing lots of family activities, as you can tell from the last few blog posts.

I made this for my husband to do his studying at the S'Bucks. The cardboard was too boring. I traced the corrugated cardboard and sewed on the line. Trimmed it and turned it right side out. I edgestitched it for simplicity. Easy or what? Like the manly fabric?


I will admit, I tested it out to see if one layer of cotton batting was going to work. It did.  But remember people, coffee is hot, OK?

So go visit Sew and Tell. There are more talented and crafty people than me out there.

13 comments:

  1. Way to put family first! Yay for you!!!!
    Blessings,

    KT

    ReplyDelete
  2. But not as many as sweet as you! Great finish and putting the family first is always deserving of an A+ in my book!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the linen. It looks very manly indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is adorable. i love the linen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love the little button and the fabric you used for the lining. Great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. I can see making these becoming addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linen and gingham are such a wonderful combination! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very manly looking! Did you use a velcro closure?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes perfect fabric choice for a man and these are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The band on his coffee will work as well as the band on his finger to keep nosey women away! Yeah, will have to make my hubby one. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice cozy--these are fun to make and a good idea for a hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great 'manly' fabrics. You are a very good wife. I struggle to find many things to make for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great coffee cozy. I am sure your husband loves it. Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)