March 20, 2010

So Tired or Busy Friday Sew In

Pheew! Ok, for the Friday Night Sew In, I worked on a couple of things.

I worked on these pinwheels.
Pinwheels

I quickly tired of the points. I always have to be sooo particular. Funny thing is, when I woke up in the morning to take pictures of them, they looked fine to me. I think I just need to work on this project during the day!

I also worked on some never ending curvy quilting on Zoe's quilt.
Spring Magic Coin Quilt

The curves are slowly morphing  into totally different curves at the ends of the quilt. Whatever. I'm concentrating on making the curves smooth instead of jerky. I hope to balance out all the straight lines with something more soothing. If I do this again, I will make the spacing very irregular between each quilting line and closer to hide the imperfections better. I can't wait to wash it! Eeek, the crinkly goodness is tantalizing.



I have wonderful pictures of the quilt show today. No, not really. * super sad face here*  i forgot my camera :( Shameful, isn't it! I took a couple pictures on my camera phone, but then I realized with only 8 maybe 10 feet between quilt rows I couldn't take a picture of a whole quilt anyway. I enjoyed looking at all of them.

It was neat to see Anna notice the quilts from her point of view. "Ooo Mommy! Look at that bird. Look at the snowman. Look at those flowers." She definitely pointed out the concrete animals and things. She asked why there were pieces of papers with hands on them on the corner of each quilt. When I explained it was so you could look at the back of the quilt without touching the quilt, she wanted to look at every quilt back. I let her for no good reason. I think she thought she would see more there.

The winners today had a lot of hand quilting and McTavishing. Something to think about.

Ok, I did buy some fun fabric at the local quilt store. You'll see it Monday. I also picked up some lace at the show to work into a bag idea. I'm kicking myself that I didn't pick up more!

Well, I am going to to sleep! Hope you are having a good weekend too!

4 comments:

  1. Love the pinwheels and the curvy quilting - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is coming along great! Can't wait to see them done and also intrigued to see what your bag idea is with all that lace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks great! And the pinwheels are very colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting looks wonderful. Love the simple curvy lines. Your pinwheels look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)