March 19, 2010

Simple Linen Gingham Bag

Simple Linen Gingham Bag

I made this simple bag this week, since I wanted one to just carry my cell phone and wallet. I have been using my diaper bag as my purse for the longest time, so change is needed!
Simple Linen Gingham Bag
It is 100% linen, 8 by 10 inches when closed, and I like the simple stitching to keep the gingham from peeking out.
Simple Linen Gingham Bag
The button is special, since it is from a stash of buttons I have from my grandmother.


I based this bag on this bag at kirsten*can .

I will be participating the the Friday Night Sew In tonight. Yesterday, I ironed all of my half square triangles, 256 of them, for my pinwheel quilt. Does that count as a finish? And in the process, I think I killed my iron. No, I'm serious. I need to buy a new one quick. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of buying the cheapest one from Walmart to hold me over.

This week will be busy. I will get on that tutorial for that basket from last week. I'm so wowwed you all like it! I'm experimenting with the best interfacing now. Jess' going to home for vacation soon, so I can finally get some babysitting to finish quilting my Spring Magic Coin Quilt for Zoe. Anna and I will be going to Desert Quilters of Nevada Quilt Show on Saturday. I'll be sure to share some pictures next week. I'll get some girly time with her, and I am sure to be inspired. Although, this week my little man was spreading out his lovey baby blanket out on the floor and declared himself to be quilting. :)

Thanks so much for the heartfelt advice last week. You're awesome. I am using all of it.

So go visit Sew and Tell. There are more talented and crafty people than me out there.

19 comments:

  1. Love it! This is super cute! great bag and great choice of button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little handstitching around the top! So sweet. I used to have a little box of buttons from my great grandfathers drug store. I don't know what has happened to them.... you've inspired me to go dig them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice and I agree, the top stitching is nice. It gives it a sweet little finish to go with the button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elegance! Love that simple bag - so understated and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this bag is amazing. i love how simple but modern it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful in it's simplicity :oD

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute - I love that look of simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cuteset little bag and the button is just the right touch! I hope this next week is a good one for you, lots done and inspiration from the quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable bag! It looks ready for spring in the linen and with the great topstitching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love, love, love your bag!! the handstitching adds the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute little bag. I love the simplicity. The gingham and linen work very well together and your grandmother's button makes it so special!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog has the right name! I feel "so happy" seeing all the great things you make. Your bag in this post is fantastic.

    I was just thinking of making something similar but a bit bigger to be my new library bag. The flap will protect the books if its starts raining going to or from the library.

    Your inspiration to me is to "keep it simple" because your bag definitely works with the linen and gingham lining.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute bag! My mom has a super cheap iron from Walmart and we both love it . . . it doesn't have the auto-shutoff function, which is really handy for long sewing sessions! I'm forever getting up to turn mine back on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That bag is so sweet and simple! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)