March 1, 2010

Monday Meanderings ( I love Heather Ross. )

I have loved this line of fabric since it came out. I finally coughed up some money and bought some coordinated fabrics. It is Japanese cotton double gauze, and oh so soft.  It will be a twin size for Zoe's big girl bed. She is only 11 months so I have some time.
Far Far Away

The question is how long before I cut into these beauties with princely frogs, unicorns and peas. I've come across so many ideas.

Squares with fussy cuts and plenty of the print

Kona cotton highlighting the fabric colors

Hexagons and embroidery

More half hexies and beautiful solids

A Denise Schmidt design

Girly embroidery in the border of a quilt 

A mix of fresh modern fabrics with a linen binding of gray
Improvisation piecing

It's amazing how the same line of fabric can be interpreted in the hands of so many people. What do you like? Any ideas?

I am going to work on the Old Red Barn Quilt Along this month. Pinwheels! Stay tuned for the fabric choices tomorrow. Blues and yellows... Finally we will have a quilt for our bed!


1 comment:

  1. Beautifully fun fabrics and I had so much fun looking at the quilt links. Whatever you do it will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)