March 4, 2010

Anna, look what Mom made!

After a bit of quilty acupuncture
Quilt Acupuncture

and a spa treatment,
just kidding, Anna's quilt top is done.

Woodland Bloom Nine Patch
Woodland Bloom Nine Patch

I am still thinking about how to do the back since I found out I have a lot less backing fabric than I thought.  I did buy half yards of  Lila Tuellar's Woodland Bloom so I should have enough to do the piece the back. However, it will be more piecing then I thought.

I have been cutting up a storm the last few days to make a pinwheel quilt. The Old Red Barn Quilt Along pinwheel edition started this week and I need to make a quilt for our bed. The question is do I use a background of white or mix everything up together? I can't decide. What do you think? I used the colors here.

I finished up the redwork cherries and I am thinking of this design for the next towel. Hello Kitty is the best!

So go visit Sew and Tell. There are more talented and crafty people than me out there. 


19 comments:

  1. Very nice! Love the colors, and simplicity of the pattern. Great finish, Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter's quilt is so lovely. I am also hoping to the pinwheel quilt-along but want to finish my other one first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors, very girly/eastery. Your daughter is lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautiful! I really love how you did the borders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt! I love the outside border on this! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You win the "Knock Me Off My Feet" award for Friday Finish!

    This is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful - very girly without being over-the-top pink.

    (I'm a fan of white backgrounds, btw. Every time I've used a pattern or a colored solid mixture I've been sorry. I guess it depends on the design too.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely quilt! The colours are very pretty~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty. I like the colors a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky lucky girl!! Absolutely stunning

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Great finish - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this top is so pretty....how big is that it looks enormous!!! oh the pinwheel along, i need to go look at that and think about getting started. pinwheel is on my list of quilts i want to make this year. great finish for the week and a pieced back always looks great...make it reversible.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kristen,

    That quilt top is so sweet looking!!! You did a great job picking the colors.

    Thanks for visiting my sew and tell. I got a chuckle out of your Mom's avocado green and yellow couch. My husband talked me into buying a used one right after we got married - it was this ugly dirty orange / brown. When we moved, I was quite adamant the couch did not make it through the door even though I didn't have a couch to replace it. We sat on the floor for about six months while the old couch languished in the garage before we finally gave it away -- I knew if it were to make it through the door, it might not ever leave!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. (quilting acupuncture... hehehehe) I like the white backgrounds, I think it gives quilts a little calm amid a sea of colors. But that's just me. I am sure whatever you do the blues and yellows will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not a fan of white sashing, but I really like it with the white center square. Very cool. How would light grey look with those yellows and blues? Kona Cotton comes in ash. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This quilt top is sooo lovely! And I love the acupuncture joke :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kristen, this quilt is gorgeous! I am sure Anna loves it. The fabrics you chose are perfect for this pattern. I look forward to seeing what you do for the back. Good luck with the pinwheel quilt along. I am doing the Pinwheel Sampler one at P.S. I Quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)