February 2, 2010

Cherries Dawg

Cherry Quilt
At least that's what my 5 years old wants to call it. All because of a cherry leaf with a puppy. To say she loves dogs is an understatement.
Cherry block
I found this pattern on Happy Zombie and fell in love with it last summer. I hand appliqued the cherry blocks and tried out a stem stitch for the stems. *giggle* The funny part is the leaves aren't attached to the stem. I appliqued the leaves without thinking. I'm too lazy to fix it. I'll just call it whimsical and artistic, right?
Cherries Dawg
The big question is whether to handquilt it or not. Hmm. It is small enough that I will get it done sometime this year.

What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! And I got such a kick out of your stem stem stitch. You made my day in so many ways, Kristen! xoxom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love that she sees the detail of that teeny tiny puppy? Little ones are such a blessing.
    As far as hand stitching, do you want to work on ti a while, or do you want to use it soon? Do you see it as an heirloom, or a happy, use-able piece?
    I highly esteem hand work, mostly because it is not my strength. (I'm too slow!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling... so so cute! As for the hand quilting, I agree with Pokey! I hand quilted with my grandmother when I was in high school and found that she later took all my stiches out did those area over :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! (Jen)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable quilt, Kristen! :) Your daughter's name for the quilt is very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt! Great design and color choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)