January 14, 2010

Sew and Tell Friday

Last night I was wondering if I should make a new piece of my blog and call it Friday Finishes. It would be a kind of show and tell of sewing. Instead I found AmyLouWho cleverly created Sew & Tell Fridays and this week asked for any gifts that were made over the holidays. Oh and I am 6 days late,*ahem*, but so what. Right? This is too much fun. So I am going to jump in and share.
This Christmas I made a polka dot crayon roll for my niece and since they seemed easy to make I made two more for Anna and Andrew.  As you can see someone admired the first one.
Polka dot crayon cozy
Since I made Andrew a quilt that used some hedgehog fabric, Anna has been begging me to use the pink version on something for her. This seemed to be the perfect opportunity to use this fabric that has been in the stash for quite a while. I also got play with some linen. Bonus.
Pink hedgehog crayon cozy
I used markers since I was worried the crayons might write on the fabric as they took them out and put them away. They were stocking stuffers.
Zakka Crayon Cozy
This tutorial here at Skip to my Lou spelled out what exactly to do. I love how she used the rick rack. I am pin challenged already so I used my rick rack in the ties! I fussy cut and fussy folded to make the hedgies and mushrooms show up.Aqua hedgehogs
I think I have a very lucky three and five year old.

So visit Sew & Tell Fridays and see all the homemade goodies made.

1 comment:

  1. love that you used ric-rac and those cute little tie ends!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)