January 15, 2010

Receiving Blanket Quilt

Target receiving blanket quilt
This is a quilt made with Minkee from Minkee Delight Fabrics and flannel receiving blankets that someone bought me as gift from Target. I have about 10 or more in good condition from the last two times and I thought something special could be made out of these instead. They are so cute, but babies grow out of them too quick.
Patchwork and Minkee were sewn right sides together and turned right side out. There is no batting between the layers. I quilted straight lines in the ditch between the rows. It finished at about 36 by 60 inches. The bricks are 4 by 9 inches. Anna loved the texture of the dots and it fits Zoe's crib well.  I liked how quick it came together. Zoe was only about a couple months old at the time. So fast was good!
Maybe I will make a tutorial on how to make one if there is interest.
Sorry about the lousy flash picture. The sun disappeared this afternoon.

Make sure to click and check out the inspiring pictures and stories at Sew and Tell Fridays. There are some super talented people out there.

12 comments:

  1. I just want to grab it and feel it's softness! I love Minkee fabric. IT looks so pretty in pink :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT idea to repurpose those receiving blankets...they can "grow" with the child that way. I love it! That's using your head I'd say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those pinks prints! This is a really good way to use all those little blankets, because you are right, babies grow out of them way too fast. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. every time I see a pale pink and white quilt I swoon a little bit. This is SO cute. I love minky and I like the idea of a patchwork side. I've been making little blankets too, but this is way cuter! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such an adorable finish. great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so incredible soft and cuddly; lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty. It looks so soft. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful! What a great way to get more use out of those cute receiving blankets. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)