December 26, 2009

Woodland Bloom Journal Cover

I absolutely loved making this linen journal cover. I already want to make another. The pick stitching was fun and easy and Woodland Bloom was the fabric I used to make the 2 inch squares on the front of the journal, modern and still girly.
Front of journal

The back is an appliqued flower.

Flower on back of cover

More pick stitching.

Journal cover flower

This was my first experience with linen and the embroidery needles glide through the natural fabric. The fabric against the more plain color of the linen highlight the fabric used and makes the colors even more sweet.

Journal cover

Inside the journal,

Inside of journal cover

I snuck in a little more outlining of the actual flower print and a little label.

Embroidery on inside of journal cover

So...Ok I am not the original designer or the idea lady behind the journal cover or the designs on it. A stitcher from Australia has a blog named Bloom with a great tutorial on how to make these. Linen and Raspberry was one of the first ladies to whip up one of these from the tutorial and whose flower graces the back of my journal cover.

I hope you enjoy using this Jenny! I was so happy to make this for you! ;)

1 comment:

  1. i love the journal cover.... they always make a journal happier.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments make me so happy!
(Comment moderation enabled.)