So glad this monster of a quilt top is finished. I made the blocks with Angela's Super Mario Quilt Along group. It was made some vibrant Kaufman Kona cottons here.
|click picture to see names of kona used|
from the Fabric Shack. I love how this shop cuts fabric in quarter yards and have the best price for kona! They have great customer service too. Fabric amounts and the discussion we had on what fabrics we used was helpful as we are fans of many differents solids. It did not seem to matter whether the fabric was cut in fat quarters or regular cuts of fabric. Fabric Shack cuts its quarter yard fabric in 10 in cuts too! Nice, huh?
All of the patterns are here in google docs, but I took the patterns and modified them to allow for less piecing as you can see in this Goomba
I got creative and modified and added and modified additional blocks.
You think I would learn and keep things simple. :)
Here is the backing. I thought a test pattern would be fun and I needed to use up the scraps from the top. Not sure if I like it, but I wanted to play and not order more fabric. The extra blocks have made this about 90 by 90 inches. Even though I made it for my husband I think my son might steal it as it is perfect size for a full bed.
I am thinking of an all over meandering of rectangles and squares. I continue to rethink it over and over again as I want it to be perfect. I wish I could be less of a perfectionist. So I am hoping for a Christmas finish for this quilt.